Creating graphs yourself can be a lengthy process, especially if you’re struggling to meet a deadline. At the University of Lincoln we have the Snipping Tool software that enables you to capture images, which you can then either paste it into your document or save it and upload the image onto a web-based platform, such as a blog.
First decide on what image you want to capture, and have the graph ready to capture on your screen (this one is about the worth of global marine ports & services 2007-11 from the Marketline database). Always remember to properly reference though!
- Start > all programs > accessories > launch Snipping Tool
- File > New (the box disappears and a cross appears)
- Hold the left-hand side of the mouse down and drag a square or rectangle over you image
- Release the mouse and the image you have captured appears
- copy image and paste into your document
- OR to save the image > File > Save As
Marketine (2012, 8).
Marketine. (2012). Global – Marine Ports & Services. Figure 1: Global marine ports & services market value: $ million, 2007–11. [industry profile] Available from: http://advantage.marketline.com/Product?ptype=Industries&pid=MLIP0408-0001 [accessed 27th March 2017].